Independence day as they call it in the Philippines every 12th of June. It’s a non-working holiday and so, indeed it’s an independence a.k.a. freedom…to sleep until I want to!! Hooray!! ♥
More than that, I’ve been looking forward to this day as Ish and I have planned to meet to have fellowship! We agreed to meet at 2:30pm in Antipolo.
The weather set up a lazy ambiance, I should say. The rain poured hard in our area. It was past 1:00pm already but I haven’t gotten any text from her yet. I saw the photos in FB that she slept over in her friend’s house last night so I was thinking that she might not have gone home yet. At around 2:00pm, still no text from her. I’m having thoughts of canceling it already as the rain might have been pouring hard there as well. I actually texted her asking if we can reschedule. Still, no reply.
This made me wonder, how come no one is actually texting. Not even her. So I turned off my phone and turned it on again….SURPRISE!!! 16 messages received! Obviously, Globe lagged. I immediately texted her and asked if she was still game to meet. Received her reply. Left the condo few minutes after!:)
I arrived in the meeting place earlier. While waiting, I noticed the sky (as usual).The clouds seem nearer and reachable from there. Haha! (Okay, that’s too random.) Anyway, we stayed in Seisha Coffee. We spent more than 3 hours together sharing stories of our lives. School, family, friends, our personal walk, and of course…..our testimonies in the struggles we went through. (What were you thinking next to our personal walk? Heehee! :P)
I can’t put into details everything that we’ve talked about but here are the things I learned/ remembered in our fellowship:
- God is able of using anything and anyone to touch you and work in your life just as He used Tumblr for me & Ish to know each other; and just as He used (& continuously uses) Ish for me to be reminded more often of His love & goodness.
- Fellowship isn’t just within the corners of the worship hall neither is limited to the people you attend the same congregation with.
- Ask it from God in line with His will and He’ll give it to you in His perfect timing. Ish is an answer to my prayer when I prayed for Christian friends outside CCF. (Even the opportunity for us to meet today was prayed for & indeed was answered by our gracious Lord!)
- Don’t keep your problems to yourself. Sometimes, other people need to hear it for them to be reminded that their problem isn’t too extraordinary. (Because, there are instances that even at the most unexpected times and persons, you share the same concerns. When you open it up, either the other person learn from you or vice-versa :D)
- Confirmed that journal is a must! Haha! :) ♥
- Not just because something doesn’t look harmful makes it reasonable for you to go for it. Not everything is worth the risk.
- What is important in decision-making is not that if it seems logical, seems practical, seems wise, seems better, seems appropriate…not any of what seems to be, rather, what is God telling you about it and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
I’m sure there are a lot more learning I got from the fellowship we had, but for now, those are what stuck in my memory. Heehee! Below are what I thank God for:
- Of course, Ish herself ♥ For being comfortable with me (I assume, haha!)
- For causing the rain to stop; having a good weather there
- For keeping the both us safe as we arrived and left the place
- For allowing us to have fellowship. (Non-working holiday & no classes for her!)
- For the wisdom & understanding that definitely comes from Him alone. Despite the difference in age and background, we still relate to each other well.
- For financial provision ♥
- For the Seisha Coffee. A place silent enough for us to be able to talk.
- For the camera, for photos! Hehe!
- For the prayer ♥♥♥ I’m so blessed! :’)
I’m sure this won’t be the last fellowship I’ll have with this precious one and I’m looking forward to the next! May Jesus continue to shine His light through this woman :)
Ish, I praise God for your life!
Much love, Ate I